(Policy last reviewed 5/14/2008)
4.1 Personal Information. Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. AMS uses personal information to understand better your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your customer relationship with AMS. We take seriously the trust you place in us. AMS will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
(a) Orders/ Registration. On some AMS Websites, you can order products or services, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, register yourself, or apply for a job at AMS. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, phone number, e-mail address, user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, credit card information, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data. It is optional for the user to provide demographic information (such as income level and gender), and unique identifiers (such as, username and password), but encouraged so we can provide a more personalized experience on our site.
4.2 Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. AMS collects and analyzes non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the AMS Websites. Most non-personal data is collected via cookies, log files, clear gifs, and or other analysis technologies. Consequently, collected information is tied to users' personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor a user’s visit to our Web site, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to them. We do not share non-personal information with third parties.
(b) Log Files. We do have log files, but we do not currently use the log files. We may use the log files in the future as and when the need arises.
(c) Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We do not employ a software technology called clear gifs (web beacons/web bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users.
5. Children's Privacy. AMS does not knowingly collect information from children.
6.1 Special Offers and Updates. We send our registering customers a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established users will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users any communications we send will present the option to not receive these types of communications in the future.
6.2 Newsletter. If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications.
6.3 Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we may send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
6.4 Surveys and Contests. From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site, AMS and its services. Users’ personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
6.5 Customer Service. We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account. We reply via email or phone, in accordance with the user's wishes.
6.6 Sensitive Information. Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and sensitive personal data are not used for any other purpose by AMS and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future reference or purchases.
6.7 Information Collected from Other Sources. Personal data collected online may also be combined with information you provide AMS through other sources such as product registration, call centers or public events such as trade shows or seminars.
6.8 Legal Disclaimer. Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us or any AMS Website.
7. Who We Share your Information With. AMS will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. AMS will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products or services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. AMS shares customer information across AMS owned business entities and companies working on our behalf, but only for the purposes described above in Paragraph 5.
8. Your Choices. AMS gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product and service specific information and AMS's marketing communications. AMS's marketing communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in or attend our seminars. We give you a choice regarding delivery of AMS communications by postal mail, e-mail and telephone. You can make or change your choices at the data collection point. We will make every effort to honor your preferences.
9. Privacy Preferences and Opting Out. AMS from time-to-time sends communications or offers that we believe are of interest to our clients from the AMS Website, and each such communication will provide the option for you to opt out from receiving further communications or offers.
11. Access / Accuracy of Information. AMS strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain customer data accuracy. We will provide you with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. Certain areas of AMS's Websites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers. The most effective way to view and change your personal information is to return to the AMS Website where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that AMS Website.
12. Keeping Your Information Secure. AMS is committed to protecting the information you provide us. This Website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information, it is protected both online and off-line. If users have any further questions about the online or offline protection of information, or the security of the AMS Websites, users can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
12.1 Off-Line Protection. We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, our employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every three months, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are locked in a secure facility.
Asset Marketing Systems
15050 Avenue of Science #100
San Diego, CA 92128
Attention: Chief Information Officer